- Types of Gas Fireplaces
- Direct Vent Gas Fireplaces
- B-Vent Gas Fireplaces
- Ventless Gas Fireplaces
- Gas Fireplace Brands
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Buy Gas Fireplaces
Most of the customers who are looking to buy a fireplace want nothing more than to have a fire that they can use day and night. Gas Fireplaces provide just this comfort and warmth, which makes them an ideal choice for most people.
There are many types of gas fireplaces available online. However, not all are suitable for all households. When buying any product online, it's important to know if it meets expectations and also has some knowledge about what makes one gas fireplace better than another.
It's easy to get overwhelmed by choice, but we're here to help. Our reviews will take the hard work away and show you the best that is available.
Types of Gas Fireplaces
Gas fireplaces are available in different ventilation types to fit your existing fireplace. These ventilation systems help warm up spaces while releasing recycled air and potentially hazardous gasses through a vent, chimney, or flue. Let's talk about these ventilation options so you can find the perfect one for your home.
Direct Vent Gas Fireplaces
In a Direct Vent Gas Fireplace, there are two pipes—one for exhaust and one for air intake. Fresh outside air is drawn into the sealed metal box through the air intake pipe for combustion, while the fumes created during combustion are expelled through the exhaust pipe. The pipes can either go through an exterior wall opening or up a chimney flue.
- More heat is generated, less heat loss.
- Combustion gasses or fumes are vented outside.
- Often sealed with a glass door to prevent significant heat loss.
- More installation options since a chimney is not required.
- Vent can be put through a wall or roof.
- Burns more efficiently than B-vent fireplaces but not as much heat as vent-free fireplaces.
- Vent pipes can be a little more expensive.
- The sealed glass in front can result in a smaller flame.
- Gas fireplace logs can't be moved or altered in position to prevent incomplete combustion.
- Homes that lack the necessary requirements for a traditional fireplace.
- Those who require a venting system other than a vertical chimney.
- $1,000 - $15,000+
B-Vent Gas Fireplaces
A B-Vent Gas Fireplace (also known as Natural Vent Gas Fireplace) requires a pre-existing fireplace or chimney flue and uses the room's air to create combustion. Only one pipe connects to the fireplace and helps draw fumes through the existing chimney flue and release them outside the house.
- Easy to install.
- Affordable price.
- Relatively efficient.
- Combustion fumes are vented externally.
- Labor costs may be expensive.
- Installation through the building's interior and above the roof may be challenging or need a lot of work.
- Cool air might be pushed into the living spaces if a downdraft happens.
- Some heat loss may occur through the vent.
- No longer a popular option and is discontinued by many manufacturers.
- Those with a pre-existing chimney and roof ventilation.
- $1,000 - $5,000+
Vent Free Gas Fireplaces
Vent Free Gas Fireplaces or Ventless Gas Fireplaces can be installed anywhere you want. They burn very cleanly and more efficiently so there is no need for a venting system. Modern gas ventless fireplaces usually emit ample heat and have a low flame. The heat and air within a vent free fireplace are taken and dispersed within the room.
- Burns cleanly
- Greater heat output.
- Versatility of installation.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Heats spaces quickly and efficiently.
- Uses less fuel compared to vented gas fireplaces.
- Can't customize or use decorative features.
- Upgrades are impossible.
- May create moisture or humidity.
- Large rooms with enough air circulation.
- Those who want to install outdoor gas fireplaces/outdoor fireplaces.
- Those who want to add a focal point to their living spaces.
- Setting a mood to your room.
- $500 - $8,000+
Best Direct Vent Gas Fireplaces
Here are our top picks for the best direct vent gas fireplaces. The best part is that you can get these bestsellers right now!
The Majestic Marquis II See-Through 42" Direct Vent Gas Fireplace gives a whole new level of comfort! Enjoy a wide-angle view of the action as you watch the flames wrap around the split logs. This lovely rustic gas fireplace is enhanced by the realistic masonry appearance and accent lighting. Imagine coming home and unwinding while enjoying the romance and excitement this Marquis II see-through gas fireplace provides.
- Accent lighting and ember bed illumination.
- Create a unique interior by adding authentic brick panels.
- ClearView™ glass gives you a great view of the flames and realistic logs.
- It comes with an IntelliFire® touchscreen remote. You can upgrade with the IntelliFire® app or wireless wall switch to suit your needs.
- Perfect for large and medium-sized rooms.
- Available in 42" model.
- Up to 57,500 BTUs.
The Superior 43" Linear Direct Vent Gas Fireplace has a stunning and versatile linear style. It has a clean face design, ceramic glass, and in-floor lighting which highlight the vibrant glass pebbles. The expansive viewing area offers a continuous display of the active, dancing flames. The Superior 43" direct vent gas fireplace unit offers countless options for any contemporary living space and is available in indoor or indoor/outdoor see-through models.
- Can be converted into an indoor/outdoor see-through model using See-Through Conversion Kits.
- Gas controls are discreetly placed on the fireplace floor.
- Electronic ignition with battery backup in case of power outages.
- Precise heat control with seven flame settings.
- Interior lighting with 6 different levels of illumination settings.
- Available in 3 optional facades/decorative face trims.
- Deluxe remote control: flame, lighting, IPI/CPI
- Available in 43" model.
- Up to 35,000 BTUs.
Best B-Vent Gas Fireplaces
These are the two best B-vent gas fireplaces we love to recommend!
The Majestic Reveal 42" B-Vent Gas Fireplace is an open hearth fireplace that features full, generous flames, comforting heat, and optional doors. You would want to recreate the timeless appeal of a wood-burning fireplace with the Majestic Reveal gas ventless fireplaces.
- Open hearth design.
- Special burner produces authentic flames.
- Interior panels are made of traditional brick.
- Includes glowing embers, vermiculite, and lava rocks for gas fireplace.
- 6 ceramic logs for gas fireplace.
- Up to 43,000 BTUs.
Superior 40" Traditional B-Vent See-Through Gas Fireplace has a see-through design that makes it the main focal point of several rooms. This gas burning fireplace provides a stunning, natural-looking flame that improves the comfort and elegance of multiple rooms thanks to its great glass viewing area and powerful pan burner's intense flame presentation.
- Millivolt ignition ensures continued operation in case of power outages.
- Beautifully crafted "oak" ceramic gas fireplace logs.
- Heat-circulating design with a clean face.
- Up to 37,500 BTUs.
- Optional remote control options.
- Optional liner and outside air kits.
Best Ventless Gas Fireplaces
Take a look at our best vent free gas fireplaces that you can buy today!
Monessen Artisan 60" Vent Free Gas Fireplace is a sleek and modern fireplace that brings elegant lighting and gorgeous flames to elevate your experience. This single-sided linear fireplace can be installed anywhere to efficiently heat your home. The black reflective glass panels and the multicolored LED hearth lighting add the finishing touches and make this modern fireplace into a beautiful centerpiece.
- Diamond fire glass shimmers as flames rise.
- Easy installation. No chimney or venting required.
- IntelliFire® Plus with ODS Ignition System for added comfort.
- LED lights controlled by Wall Switch.
- Up to 40,000 BTUs.
- Optional accessories: Trim Kit, Driftwood Logs, and Stone Kit.
The Empire 36" Boulevard Vent Free Linear Gas Fireplace brings elegance to any decor thanks to its bold horizontal lines, modern gas fireplace burner, and chic accessories. You can choose between a millivolt ignition system or an intermittent pilot ignition, with the former having a piezo igniter with a standing pilot and the latter having an electronic ignition with no standing pilot.
- Thermostat Remote (IP Models) or ON/OFF Remote (Millivolt Models)
- Includes a fine mesh barrier screen as standard.
- Requires +8lbs of media sold separately.
- Optional log set, liners, and light kit.
- Up to 40,000 BTUs.
Best Gas Fireplace Brands
What is the best brand of gas fireplaces?
Well, there are dozens of different fireplace brands out there, and not all of them are created equally. That's why we created this list of the best gas fireplace brands on the market today to help you narrow down your options!
- Napoleon Gas Fireplaces
- Majestic Gas Fireplaces
- Monessen Gas Fireplaces
- Superior Gas Fireplaces
- Sierra Flame Gas Fireplaces
- Firegear Gas Outdoor Fireplaces
- White Mountain Hearth Fireplaces
- Peterson Real Fyre - Gas Log Fireplaces, Fireplace Gas Logs, Gas Log Sets
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What should I look for when buying a gas fireplace?
Before buying a gas fireplace, consider the vent type, fuel type, and heat output you need. They should be appropriate for the size, climate, and level of insulation in your home.
Which gas fireplaces give off the most heat?
Direct vent fireplaces often have higher efficiency than B-vent fireplaces, but they still can't compare to vent free fireplaces in terms of heat output. Ventless gas fireplaces produce the most heat with 100% efficiency since they don't require a chimney or vent to exhaust combustion air out. Direct vent gas fireplaces come second as they produce up to 70% heat due to their efficient combustion.
Related article: What is BTU? Heater and Fireplace BTU Rating
How do I modernize my gas fireplace?
You can modernize it with gas fireplace embers, fire glass, ceramic log sets, lava rocks, or any of the other available fire decorative media to mix things up. These fireplace accessories will surely add style and new fun to your gas fireplace!
Is vented or unvented gas fireplace better?
Vent free gas fireplaces are more energy efficient than vented gas fireplaces because no heat escapes up the chimney, resulting in lower gas utility costs. Since some of the heat produced by a vented gas fireplace escapes via the chimney, more gas is required to produce the same amount of heat.
What is the lifespan of a gas fireplace?
The average lifespan of a gas fireplace is 10 to 15 years before it needs to be replaced. It might even last a few more years with the right maintenance and care.
Buy Gas Fireplaces at Flame Authority!
Nothing beats a Gas Fireplace when it comes to reliably and efficiently heat your home during the colder months. Not only are they affordable, but most of them are also very easy to operate. That's why choosing the right fireplace can be a big decision for any homeowner.
Need help with your Gas Fireplace Project? Shop for Gas Fireplaces for sale at Flame Authority!
If you're still on the fence about getting a new gas fireplace for your house, we're here to help. Before you make a purchase, contact us or call our Sales Experts at 1-800-923-4556 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Flame Authority is your trusted dealer of the best gas fireplace inserts, 3-sided gas fireplaces, vent-free gas logs, ventless gas logs, vented gas logs, wall-mounted gas fireplaces, freestanding gas fireplaces, gas fireplaces with mantels, indoor gas fireplaces, propane gas outdoor fireplaces, natural gas fireplaces, and more!
Looking for Wine Cellar Cooling Systems for your wine cellar? How about Wine Racks to match your cooling system? Visit our sister store Wine Coolers Empire for great offers, affordable prices, and free shipping on most items!