- Types of Gas Fireplaces
- Best Direct Vent Gas Fireplaces
- Best B-Vent Gas Fireplaces
- Best Ventless Gas Fireplaces
- Gas Fireplace Brands
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Shop Gas Fireplaces for Sale
Most of the customers who are looking to buy a fireplace want nothing more than to have a fire that they can use day and night. Gas Fireplaces provide warmth and comfort, which makes them an ideal choice for most people.
There are many types available online. However, not all are suitable for all households. When buying any product online, it's important to know to determine if it meets expectations and also has some access to knowledge about what makes one better than the rest.
It's easy to get overwhelmed by choice, but we're here to help you find the best one. Our reviews will take the hard work away and show you the best that is available.
Types of Gas Fireplaces
Gas Fireplaces are available in different ventilation types to fit your existing fireplace. These ventilation systems help warm up spaces while releasing recycled air and potentially hazardous gasses through a vent, chimney, or flue. Let's talk about these ventilation options so you can find the perfect one for your home.
Direct Vent Gas Fireplace
In a Direct Vent Gas Fireplace, there are two pipes—one for exhaust and one for air intake. Fresh outside air is drawn inside the sealed metal box through the air intake pipe for combustion, while the fumes created during combustion are expelled through the exhaust pipe. The pipes can either go through an exterior wall opening or up a flue.
- More heat is generated, less heat loss.
- More installation options.
- Combustion gasses or fumes are vented outside.
- Often sealed with a glass door to prevent significant heat loss.
- Can be vented through a wall or roof.
- Burns more efficiently than b-vented but not as much as vent free.
- Pipes can be a little more expensive.
- The sealed glass in front can result in a smaller flame.
- Can't be moved or altered in position to prevent incomplete combustion.
- Homes that lack requirements for a traditional hearth.
- Those who require a venting system other than a vertical chimney.
- $1,000 - $15,000+
B-Vent Gas Fireplace
A B-Vent Gas Fireplace (also known as Natural Vent) requires a pre-existing fireplace or flue and uses the room's air to create combustion. Only one pipe connects and helps draw fumes through the existing flue and release them outside the room or house.
- Easy to install.
- Affordable price.
- Relatively efficient.
- Combustion fumes are vented externally.
- Labor costs may be expensive.
- Installation through the room interior and above the roof may be challenging or need a lot of work.
- Cool air might be pushed into the living spaces if a downdraft happens.
- Some heat loss may occur through the exhaust.
- No longer a popular option and is discontinued by many manufacturers.
- Those with a pre-existing chimney and roof ventilation.
- $1,000 - $5,000+
Ventless Gas Fireplace
Ventless or Vent Free Gas Fireplaces can be installed anywhere you want. They burn very cleanly and more efficiently so there is no need for a venting system. Vent-free models usually emit ample heat and have a low flame. The heated air is taken and dispersed within the room.
- Burns cleanly.
- Greater heat output.
- Versatility of installation.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Heats room quickly and efficiently.
- Uses less fuel compared to vented models.
- Can't customize or use decorative features.
- Upgrades are impossible.
- May create moisture or humidity.
- Large rooms with enough air circulation.
- Those who want to install outdoors.
- Those who want to add a focal point to their living spaces.
- Setting a mood in your room.
- $500 - $8,000+
Best Direct Vent Gas Fireplaces
Here are our top picks for the best direct vent gas fireplaces. The best part is that you can get these bestsellers right now!
The Majestic Marquis II See-Through 42" Direct Vent Gas Fireplace gives a whole new level of comfort and cozy wherever it's built! This gas fireplace features a realistic masonry appearance and accent lighting. Picture yourself returning home and unwinding in the embrace of the romance and excitement that the Marquis II see-through gas fireplace brings with its impressive BTU output. Enjoy a wide-angle view of the action as you watch the flames wrap around the split logs, creating a captivating event!
- Accent lighting and ember bed illumination.
- Create a unique interior by adding authentic brick panels.
- ClearView™ glass gives you a great view of the flames and realistic logs.
- Perfect for large and medium-sized rooms.
- Remote control: IntelliFire® touchscreen remote. You can upgrade with the IntelliFire® app or wireless wall switch to suit your needs.
- Fuel type: either natural gas or liquid propane by conversion.
- BTUs/hr input: 57,500 (NG); 52,000 (LP)
Shop for the lowest price: Majestic Marquis II See-Through 42" Direct Vent Gas Fireplace
The Superior 43" Linear Direct Vent Gas Fireplace has a stunning and versatile linear style. It has a clean face design, ceramic glass, and in-floor lighting which highlight the vibrant glass pebbles. The expansive viewing space offers a continuous display of the active, dancing flames. The Superior 43" direct vent gas fireplace unit offers countless options for any contemporary living space. You can easily adjust the settings with the convenience of a remote control. These built-in fireplaces are available in indoor and outdoor see-through models, the perfect answer to elevate your home's ambiance!
- Can be converted into an indoor/outdoor see-through model using See-Through Conversion Kits.
- Gas controls are conveniently hidden in the floor.
- Electronic ignition with battery backup in case of power outages.
- Precise heat control with seven flame settings.
- Interior lighting with 6 different levels of illumination settings.
- Available in 3 optional facades/decorative face trims.
- Deluxe remote control: flame height, lighting styles, IPI/CPI
- BTU/hr input: Up to 35,000 BTUs.
- Fuel type: natural gas or liquid propane.
Shop for a discounted price: Superior 43" Direct Vent Contemporary Linear Gas Fireplace
Best B-Vent Gas Fireplaces
These are the two best units we love to recommend!
Experience the charm of the Majestic Reveal 42" B-Vent Gas Fireplace, an excellent addition to any house. This built-in open hearth features full, generous flames that create a cozy atmosphere. With optional doors, you have the answer to transforming your space into a welcoming haven. Recreate the timeless appeal of a wood-burning unit with the Majestic Reveal's captivating firebox.
- Open hearth design.
- Special burner produces authentic flames.
- Interior panels are made of traditional brick.
- Includes glowing embers, vermiculite, and lava rocks.
- 6 ceramic fiber logs.
- Remote controls & wall switches (optional)
- BTUs/hr input: 43,000 (NG)
- Fuel type natural gas or propane by conversion</li>
Shop now for the lowest price: Majestic Reveal 42" B-Vent Gas Fireplace
Superior 40" Traditional B-Vent See-Through Gas Fireplace has a see-through design that makes it the main focal point of several rooms. This natural gas fireplace unit provides a stunning, natural-looking flame that improves the comfort and elegance of multiple rooms thanks to features such as its full height, great glass viewing area, and powerful pan burner's intense flame presentation.
This exceptional item can be fueled by natural gas. But rest assured that the Superior BRT40STTMN offers a convenient gas conversion kit, allowing you to easily convert from natural gas to propane. This efficient conversion solution not only saves you money but also allows you to expect seamless adjustments without compromising on the fireplace's overall build and performance. Expect a remarkable BTU output from this versatile unit.
- Millivolt ignition ensures continued operation in case of power outages.
- Beautifully crafted "oak" ceramic gas fireplace logs.
- Available in 40” clean-faced see-through models only
- Optional remote control options.
- Optional liner and outside air kits.
- BTU/hr: 27,000 - 37,500 BTUs
Shop today and enjoy our lowest price: Superior 40" B-Vent Gas Fireplace
Best Ventless Gas Fireplaces
Take a look at our best ventless units that you can buy today!
Monessen Artisan 60" Vent Free Gas Fireplace is a unit embodying the latest trends in sleek and modern design. With its elegant lighting, warm temperature, and mesmerizing flames, it effortlessly enhances any space, providing a heightened experience.
This ventless single-sided linear unit offers versatility, allowing you to find the perfect fit for heating your home efficiently with its BTU output. The black reflective glass panels and the multicolored LED hearth lighting add the finishing touches and make this a beautiful centerpiece. Garnered with good reviews, don't miss out on this exceptional unit as it's currently on sale!
- Easy to install and adjust. No venting required.
- Flame height rises through shimmering Diamond fireglass.
- IntelliFire® Plus with ODS Ignition System for added comfort.
- LED lights controlled by Wall Switch.
- BTUs/hr input: 40,000 (NG), LP 39,000 (LP)
- Fuel type natural gas or propane.
- Optional accessories: Trim Kit, Driftwood Logs, and Stone Kit.
Shop today at a discounted price: Monessen Artisan 60" Vent Free Gas Fireplace
The Empire 48" Boulevard Vent Free Linear Gas Fireplace brings elegance to any decor thanks to its bold horizontal lines, modern gas fireplace burner, and chic accessories. This grants access to an exquisite ambiance, creating an inviting space that exudes elegance and charm. The built-in firebox delivers exceptional BTU output, ensuring optimal comfort while adding a touch of luxury to your surroundings.
When it comes to ignition, you can choose between two options: the millivolt ignition system or the intermittent pilot ignition. The millivolt ignition system features a piezo igniter accompanied by a constant pilot light, while the intermittent pilot ignition employs electronic ignition without a continuous pilot flame.
- Includes a fine mesh barrier screen as standard.
- Requires +8lbs of media sold separately.
- Optional log set, liners, and light kit.
- Crushed Glass may be installed with or without the log set (use about 2 sq. ft.)
- Remote controls: Thermostat Remote (IP Models) or ON/OFF Remote (Millivolt Models)
- BTU/hr: Up to 40,000 BTUs.
- Fuel type: natural gas or propane.
Get the lowest price when you shop today: Empire 48" Boulevard Vent Free Linear Gas Fireplace
Best Gas Fireplace Brands
With countless fireplace brands available, it can be challenging to find the perfect one that suits your needs and preferences. From Dimplex inserts to Napoleon gas firebox and stove to the vast array of style and temperature they offer, these brands have set the standard for quality and innovation. Whether you're looking for a new addition to your room or exploring the latest arrivals in the market, this comprehensive list will provide the answers you seek.
- Napoleon Gas Fireplaces
- Majestic Gas Fireplaces
- Monessen Gas Fireplaces
- Superior Gas Fireplaces
- Sierra Flame Gas Fireplaces
- Firegear Gas Outdoor Fireplaces
- White Mountain Hearth Fireplaces
- Kingsman Fireplaces
- Peterson Real Fyre (Gas Log Fireplaces, Gas Log Sets, Burners)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I choose the right gas fireplace?
Before you choose a gas fireplace, consider the installation or mounting option, fuel type, style, and heat output you need. They should be appropriate for the size, climate, temperature, and level of insulation in your house.
What is the best gas fireplace for heat?
Direct vented often have higher efficiency than natural vented, but they still can't compare to vent free in terms of heat output. Ventless units produce the most heat with 100% efficiency since they don't require a chimney or vent to exhaust combustion air out. Direct vent gas fireplaces come second as they produce up to 70% heat due to their efficient combustion.
How do I modernize my gas fireplace?
You can modernize it with gas fireplace embers, fire glass, ceramic log sets, lava rocks, or any of the other available fire decorative media to mix things up. Fireplace accessories will add style and new fun to your traditional gas fireplace too!
Which is better vented or vent free gas fireplace?
A ventless gas fireplace is more energy efficient than vented ones because no heat escapes up the chimney, resulting in lower gas utility costs. Since some of the heat produced by a vented gas fireplace escapes via the chimney, more gas is required to produce the same worth of heat. If you're more concerned with aesthetics, you can choose direct vent fireplace inserts. Vent-free firebox inserts tend to be softer than a direct vent fireplace.
Which is better vented or ventless gas logs?
The choice between vented and ventless gas logs depends on your specific needs and preferences. Vented gas logs provide a more realistic flame and require a venting system, while ventless ones offer more heat output but must be used in a well-ventilated area.
What is the average cost of a gas fireplace insert?
The average cost of gas fireplace inserts is $2,000 to $3000
What is the lifespan of a gas fireplace?
The expected average lifespan of a gas fireplace is 10 to 15 years before it needs to be replaced. It might even last a few more years with the right maintenance and care.
Shop for Gas Fireplaces for Sale at Flame Authority!
A Gas Fireplace is the answer to effectively heating your room during colder months. With a variety of styles available for sale and affordable insert or stove to effortlessly cover your heating needs.
Flame Authority is the #1 Trusted Dealer of liquid propane gas fireplaces, natural gas fireplaces, and gas stoves. If you have any concerns, contact us or call our Sales Experts at 1-800-923-4556 or email us at email@example.com
Visit our sister store Wine Coolers Empire for the best wine cooling systems, humidifiers, wine coolers, and wine racks built to match your wine cellar. We have great offers, affordable prices, and free shipping on most items!
For your lighting and home decor needs, take a look at Chandelier Palace for elegant chandeliers, pendants, wall lights, lamps, and more!