BeefEater Barbecues offer warranties on all their products. Conditions of the Warranty are detailed below, along with individual warranty periods for different products and their components.
BeefEater Warranty Periods
Should any part fail due to defective workmanship or faulty materials within the specified period from the date of purchase, BeefEater or its distributor will repair or, (at distributors option), replace the defective part free of charge.
LP / Propane Gas Cylinder
The cylinder manufacturer is responsible for the materials, workmanship and performance of the gas cylinder. Contact your dealer or the cylinder manufacturer in respect of all warranty claims or service.
In Australia, warranty is administered by BeefEater Barbecues. In other countries, contact your authorised BeefEater retailer for details of your BeefEater distributor.
To ensure speedy processing of your warranty service claim, ensure that you record all specific details about your appliance in the space provided. Keep this information handy for future reference.
Conditions of Warranty
- The appliance is delivered to the BeefEater distributor’s service department or authorised service agent and freight charges both ways are paid by the owner. No liability is accepted for loss or damage during transit.
- The appliance is installed by a qualified person and operated and maintained in accordance with the instructions supplied. Repairs or service must be carried out by an authorised person.
- Installation must conform to the applicable Gas, Electrical and Building standards laid down by the local codes for your country or region.
- No alterations or repairs have been carried out without obtaining the distributors prior consent. Such repair or any replacement does not extend the warranty period.
- Proof of purchase together with the warranty card must be provided to verify purchase date and establish the warranty period. Only the original purchaser is covered under this warranty.
- The warranty period is calculated from the date of purchase only.
- Where this warranty is inconsistent with any state laws, the statutory rights of the purchaser shall prevail. Parts installed from other manufacturers’ products will void this warranty.
Exposure of the barbecue appliance to the elements should be minimised. Once the unit has cooled and is cleaned, store the barbecue under cover. Polyester/Vinyl barbecue covers are an optional accessory that will ensure years of trouble free operation.
This warranty does not cover the purchaser or any other person for damage, malfunction or loss due to the following:
- Lack of maintenance, abuse, neglect, misuse, accident or improper installation of this appliance.
- Scratches, dents, corrosion or discolouring caused by heat, abrasive or chemical cleaners or chipping on porcelain parts.
- Corrosion or damage caused by exposure to the elements, grease fires, insects, weather or hail. Note: Barbecues must be covered when not in use.
- Cleaning and normal wear and tear. Service calls of this nature are chargeable.
- Rusting of cast iron plates, grills and burners. Note: Rust should be removed by a scrub pad and the surface coated with cooking oil. See owners manual – Caring for cast iron cooking surfaces. Cooktops must be covered when not in use.
- Commercial use of the barbecue.
- Unauthorised repairs during the warranty period
- Removal or re-installation costs.
- Cracks and weathering of timber parts caused by exposure to the elements or damage by weather, heat, insects, chemicals or foods acids or juices.
- Glass – All glass components are covered by a 30 day – first up failure warranty. All claims for glass breakage must be made within 30 days from the date of purchase. Claims for breakage after this period will not be recognized.
To assist you when contacting your after sales team, please prepare the following details and have them ready when you call; Model number, serial number, retailer purchased from, date of purchase, type of gas. You do not need to register your warranty. However, you must retain your receipt or proof of purchase. When claiming warranty for this appliance you must provide a copy of your proof of purchase receipt. No claims for warranty will be accepted without proof of purchase.